Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Medical Experience At St.Lukes Extension Clinic!

Hello how is everything? I am sorry,kinda busy here. For today just want to share my medical experience at SLEX (St. Luke’s Extension Clinic 1177 J. Bacobo St., Ermita, Manila). We had our medical exam August 25, 2009. Since, we are from Pampanga, Me and my son together with my older sister left in the house 2 am in the morning,we catched bus on Dau Terminal, my poor son he was throwing up on the bus he don’t like the smell inside the bus. I feel sorry for him. When we arrived 4 am in St.Lukes I was surprise because there are 20 people I think who were online nah! So I fell in line the guard said they will open 5am and they will give number too Had to wait for an hour, exactly 5am the guard entertain the applicants, I was wondering why most of the applicants they have a appointment letter and their destination is US ( I think at that time I am the only Canada applicant ) so I don’t mind so when its my turn on the guard he asked me If I have an appointment letter I said no just only appendix C, I showed to him and he said for Canada applicants they will open 7 am ( what the F*** ). My purpose that’s why we went there early so that we can finish early the medical :(
After 2 hours of waiting again finally the guard let us in, my poor sister she can’t go inside, she had to wait us outside,anyway
these are the steps as far as I remember :)

1. Reception Area 5th floor – the guard asked what country? I said Canada so he showed to me the counter for Canada(in this counter they entertain also Australia and New Zealand ). There is a lady guard, get number to her (show passport) then she will give you the forms that you need to fill up all the check marks you have to fill up. While waiting your number to be called prepare your pictures 6 pcs. each white or blue background, don’t forget to put name at the back of your photos . When your number called give the forms. Passport and pictures, the woman will check if you answer all the check marks and you have signature. After, the papers been checked its time for Digital Picture Taking Section. After Picture taking, you will pay on the cashier, just only beside the elevator. Then return again on the counter give your receipt and passport. Then just sit and wait your name to be call for Height and Weight, Eye Check Up,Vital Signs and Physical Examination all of these done on 5th floor.

2. 4th floor – you need to fill up a form again for urine and HIV test for adults

3. 3rd floor X- Ray this is the horrible part for me because I waited for almost 3 hours here, My son was crying because he is so hungry and get bored waiting my name to be call so, I talked to the woman why until now they don’t call my name? she said just wait but I told to her that I been waiting for 3 hrs nah! Then she ask what is my name then she looked my papers and it was just on the table with big envelop, they don’t even get it actually I noticed that envelop but I was not sure if that was mine, so the woman forward to the guy and finally had my X-Ray. After that waited for 10 minutes they gave back my papers and told me to go back to 5th floor again

4. 5th floor releasing, waited for an hour! Thank God, finally got our copy of medical report.
I am praying that everything will be ok. We have done our part, so lets trust him that he will do the rest! Thank you Lord for guiding us on medical!

7 comments:

Golden said...

Hi sis. Thanks so much for the prayer. I really appreciate it.

Waa, these are the things that I hate here in the Philippines. Why can't they develop a smooth and hassle-free transaction? Anyway sis, good luck and God Bless.

Chubskulit Rose said...

yup going out of the country is a pain the butt. I have gone through all that, and I was in agony the whole time because i was pregnant but thanks God, I managed to pull it through..

Goodluck!

By the way, I am now following your blog.

Chubskulit Rose said...

thanks for visiting back sis.

There are cute layout designs at pyzam.com, dun ko kinuha yung lay out ng Our Clan's Marveling blog. Just a reminder na pag binago mo yung layout mo, you have to save all your codes for your widgets coz it will all vanish hehehe... If u need help, just tell me

Vienna Janina said...

I am also the petitioner from the U.S.A., and a registered nurse. I just want to share what my mom and my nephew encountered with the SLEC employees! My mom had undergone her medical examination last Monday and she was accompanied with my nephew! I cannot just keep my mouth shut! Some of their employees are rude!! From ground floor to 5th floor! They are all bastos! One of them is the old woman sa cashier! All she cares is getting our money! She even don't know how to smile!!! Aren't you guys know what is a customer service?? Damn! Also the receptionists at the 4th floor! Next is the old woman at the 3rd floor, my nephew described her as kulot and wearing eyeglasses! She is also bastos!.. The one they call MANAGER at 2nd floor does not know how to handle complaints! And they calls herself as a MANAGER?? Even the releasing nurse sa ground floor, the one with big eyes and kalbo, I am not sure if it is EVO or IVO or NIVO!! I am also a nurse and I know how to act like a professional one! But these medical staffs didn't know how! I don't think these employees have the appropriate educational background to be in their positions! Are they all licensed? I WOULD LIKE TO CALL THE ATTENTION OF THE U.S. EMBASSY! THE EMBASSY SHOULD RECONSIDER HIRING INCOMPETENT STAFF AND MANAGEMENT IN THAT CLINIC!! so there..

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. The staff in SLEC are impolite, rude and they think as if they are on the top. even the pregnant physician assigned in pulmonary evaluation. You are so inconsiderate. You should learn how to put yourself in the shoes of your patients. Stupid!

Anonymous said...

i took the medical examination for canada study visa at st luke extension clinic at ermita,

manila (dec 26, 2012)

everything went fine, everyone i approached was polite and helpful, sorry to you guys who

encountered some people with attitude.

for people who will take medical examination, dont be scared, everything is fine. :)

actually i liked their attitude, chill lang guys.

taiseer said...


Get Your visa renewal done in less than 3 hours from the time you make your embassy payment. payment after processing your application. we deal with american USA visa renewal services in India mainly in Hyderabad Delhi Mumbai Chennai kolkata. us visa renewal for getting your visa

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi to everyone! Im Anne, just new here in blogging. I am very bless to have such a wonderful family! On this blog I hope to share my life experiences, general stories, ideas or whatever pops into my head. I hope to make new friends here world wide! Thanks for dropping by!Please let's exchange a link!